We can’t wait to see you at the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater (The Amp) this summer!
- Effective May 1, 2022, The Amp and other Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) venues and events will no longer require proof of vaccination to attend.
- Our event(s) (or venue/project/program, etc.) will comply with any/all local, state, federal, and School District public health guidelines. We will continue to stay in lockstep with Eagle County Public Health and Environment, and we may change our policy at any time in the interest of the health and safety of our guests, supporters, artists, employees, and volunteers.
- Face coverings at VVF events, programs or venues will be optional. All individuals, whether they choose to wear a face covering or not, will be welcome and respected.
BOX OFFICE + TICKET POLICIES:
The Box Office is located at the Amphitheater, adjacent to the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens and Ford Park. The Box Office is open daily from 11am to 5 pm or through intermission on any performance evening. Ticketsvail.com is the official online ticketing provider for Vail Valley Foundation events at the GRFA such as Amp Summer Concerts and the Vail Dance Festival. Bravo! Vail Music Festival tickets can be purchased at bravovail.org.
CONTACT THE BOX OFFICE
Tickets & programming are subject to change. One ticket per person. Children over the age of two must have a ticket. Additional fees may apply to any purchase. ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS. NO EXCHANGES.
Lost Tickets: If you are unable to locate your tickets, please contact the box office to reprint them. Please note a reprint voids all previous tickets. Reprint fees may apply.
Third Party Tickets: vaildance.org, vvf.org and ticketsvail.com are the only official online ticketing providers for all performances at the GRFA. Tickets purchased from other sources may be more expensive, invalid and/or ineligible for box office assistance. The GRFA and the Vail Valley Foundation are not responsible for tickets purchased from other sources.
ADA Accessible Tickets: The GRFA provides reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities, including those with limited mobility. View ADA Venue Access Map HERE. ADA Accessible seats are available. Please contact the box office for additional information or to make a special request.
Attendees are subject to all GRFA Venue Policies/Terms & Conditions of Admission/COVID Waivers. Violation of GRFA Policies/Terms & Conditions of Admission can result in removal from the premises and revocation of any ticket or invitation without refund. More information below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ADMISSION: WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
The individual (“Attendee”) admitted to the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater (“GRFA”), and any minor(s) accompanying Attendee, are subject to and agree to the following, as well as all “GRFA Policies” located at grfavail.com/policies. Attendee makes and agrees to all such policies, terms, conditions and agreements on behalf of any accompanying minor(s); if Attendee does not wish to or is not authorized to do so, Attendee should not allow any such minor to enter. In the event of any conflict between the GRFA Policies and the following, the GRFA Policies shall prevail.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Gates to the venue open one hour prior to showtime unless otherwise printed on your ticket.
- Guests are allowed to bring food into the venue so long as it is done within venue bag policies (see below).
- Personal sized coolers
- No larger than 18qt.
- Please be prepared to show all items stored.
- Empty Water bottles
- Non-alcoholic, commercially-sealed beverages
- Blankets or Tarps (No larger than 5’x7′)
- Short-legged chairs to sit on the lawn (EX: Crazy Creek or REI Trail Chair) – chairs can be no more than 5 inches off the ground. SEE EXAMPLES HERE.
- Limited stroller parking is available along the wall adjacent to the main restrooms. You will not be able to take your stroller to your seat. The Amp is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- If you ride your bike, there is a small public bike rack located across from the box office near the creek. Bike Valet may be available.
Violators are subject to removal from the event and items are subject to confiscation.
- Persons entering the venue may be subject to a search
- Bag policy:
- No oversized bags. Scroll down to see more information about our bag policy.
- Lawn Chairs with legs taller than 5 inches (you should not be able to roll a softball under the chair). SEE EXAMPLES HERE.
- Blankets or Tarps larger than 5’x7′
- Weapons of any kind including but not limited to: firearms (with or without permit), knives, pepper spray
- Smoking of any kind (including e-cigarettes and vape pens)
- Alcohol/Illegal drugs
- Pets/Animals (except for service animals as defined by the ADA)
- Flags or Totems (self-crafted, decorated sticks or poles, or anything else that might block someone’s view)
- Hula Hoops
- Laser Pens/Pointers
- Glitter/Confetti/Spray Paint/Silly String
- Bullhorns or noisemaking devices (e.g. Air Horns, Drums, Whistles)
- Bicycles, Skateboards, Scooters, In-Line Skates, or personal motorized vehicles, unless it is an ADA approved device
- Full Facial Coverings (e.g. Halloween Masks or Full Face Ski Masks)
- Drones or UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) or any other remote-controlled flying devices
- Camera and recording device policy:
- The Amp enforces a no-video/audio capture policy at major events*. Professionals who wish to capture still imagery, videography, or audio must apply for a credential HERE. *Spectators attending a graduation ceremony are welcome to bring recording devices and cameras of any kind.
- All bags are subject to search (please help us by packing your bag with this in mind)
- No oversized bags will be allowed (for example: duffle bags, large backpacking bags, suitcases)
The Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater can host up to 2,800 guests within the pavilion and lawn seating areas. Please note that the venue tends to fill up quickly, so we recommend arriving when the gates open.
Yes, lawn seating is available on a first come-first served basis.
All tickets sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.
The Amphitheater stage and pavilion seating sections have a large roof protecting it from adverse weather. The Vail Valley is famous for afternoon and evening hit-and-run rain showers. Weather is generally not a factor for most shows. We encourage you to check weather forecasts prior to attending a show at the venue.
Should a performance be changed or postponed due to weather conditions, announcements will be made on the Amphitheater website and social channels regarding pertinent details.
The Betty Ford Alpine Gardens is an internationally acclaimed botanic gardens known for its alpine horticulture, education and conservation, and is the highest elevation botanical garden in the world situated at 8,200’ (2,700 m) in the central Rocky Mountains. The Gardens attracts more than 100,000 visitors annually to see its unique collection of alpine and mountain plants collected from around the world.
The Gardens is located to the west of the Amphitheater. More information about the Gardens can be found at their main website or in Vail at the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens Education Center.
We plan to offer a wide range of beverage and food options this summer. Check out the concessions offerings HERE.
*Guests are allowed to bring food into the venue so long as it is done within venue bag policies. Picnics and commercially sealed non-alcoholic beverages are permitted.
The Box Office is open daily from 11am to 5pm or through intermission on any performance evening, June through mid-September